History of BMS
The roots of the School of Basic Medical Sciences of Lanzhou University can be traced back to the establishment of the Divisions of Medical Fundamentals in the Gansu College Medical Department in December 1932. In 1978, the Department of Medical Fundamentals was founded on the basis of the above Divisions. In 1992, it was renamed the Department of Basic Medical Sciences (referred to as Basic Dept.). In 2001, the School of Basic Medical Sciences of Lanzhou Medical College merged with the Department of Clinical Medicine to form the School of Basic Medical Sciences. On November 18th 2004, along with Lanzhou Medical College, it was incorporated into Lanzhou University. On March 9th 2005, the school has been called the School of Basic Medical Sciences of Lanzhou University. On January 7th 2008, in accordance with the request of Lanzhou University on medical management system, the Medical Experimental Teaching Center of Lanzhou University, the Institute of Pharmacology at School of Pharmacy and the Operative Surgery laboratory of the Clinical Medical College were incorporated into the School of Basic Medical Sciences.